All exporters of goods, services and technology having an Importer-Exporter Code number shall be eligible for recognition as a ‘Status Holder’. Status recognition will depend on the export performance.
Export Performance FOB / FOR (as converted) value (in US $ million) during the current and previous three financial years
One Star Export House : US $ 3 million
Two Star Export House : US $ 25 million
Three Star Export House : US $ 100 million
Four Star Export House : US $ 500 million
Five Star Export House : US $ 2000 million
Privileges of Status Holders
Few of the privileges to a ‘Status Holder’ are:
Authorization and customs clearances for both imports and exports granted on self-declaration basis.
Input-Output norms may be fixed on priority within 60 days by the Norms Committee.
Exemption from furnishing of bank guarantee for schemes under FTP.
Two STAR and above Export Houses shall be permitted to establish export warehouses.
Status holders are entitled to preferential treatment and priority in handling of their consignments by the concerned agencies.
Manufacturers who are also Status Holders will be enabled to self-certify their manufactured goods as originating from India with a view to qualify for preferential treatment under different Preferential Trading Agreements [PTAs], Free Trade Agreements [FTAs], Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreements [CECAs] and Comprehensive Economic Partnerships Agreements [CEPAs] which are in operation. They shall be permitted to self-certify the goods as manufactured as per their Industrial Entrepreneur Memorandum (IEM) / Industrial License (IL) / Letter of Intent (LOI).
Three Star and above Export House shall be entitled to get benefit of Accredited Clients Programme (ACP) as per the guidelines of CBIC.
FAQs on Status Holder
1. ‘Status’ recognition is entity wise or branch wise.
Ans. ‘Status’ is ‘entity-wise’ not ‘branch-wise’.
2. Who issues ‘Status Holder’ Certificate?
Ans. Status holder certificate is issued by the DGFT.
3. Is the Status automatic or issued on an application?
Ans. Status recognition is based on application and verification of export performance and it is not automatic recognition but is based on application.
4. Who is entitled for double weightage to claim the ‘status’.
Ans. (i) Micro, small & medium enterprises (MSME)
(ii) Manufacturing units having ISO / BIS.
(iii) Units located in North Eastern States including Sikkim and Jammu & Kashmir.
(iv) Units located in Agri Export Zones.
5. Is Double weightage available for a status category also.
Ans. No. it is only for One-Star Export House.
6. To obtain ‘Status’, can one IEC holder transfer export performance to another IEC holder?
7. Are re-exports counted for ‘Status’ claim.
8. Are exports made under authorization counted for ‘status’.
9. Can a service exporter claim ‘Status holder’ certificate.
10. Is the ‘Status holder’ Certificate available for deemed exports.
11. Does an exporter who exports goods in currencies other than US Dollar, eligible for ‘Status’.
Ans. Yes, if the export realization is equivalent to the specified US Dollars.